The government has decided to stop subsidy for Haj pilgrims from this year, as per , minority affairs minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi. Nearly 1.5 lakh muslims go to Holy Mecca every year and the central union government has been giving subsidy for their air travel and daily allowance from 1954. In 2017, the subsidy grant allocated was 700 crores which has now been stopped by the union government and the centre has decided to spend the amount for the education of the minority. This move by the government was to respond to a judgement by the supreme court in 2012 to reduce the subsidy costs in 10 years. This year nearly 1.75 lakh muslims will have to go to Haj without subsidy.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!