The inter-caste marriages are still widely not accepted in many parts of the country, especially in Punjab, Rajasthan, UP and Bihar. Many honour killings, murders and riots have occurred in these states in the name of caste protection, which was brought to the knowledge of the supreme court through a public interest litigation. On a hearing earlier, the supreme court had directed the central government to enact a law to provide safety, and security to the people who do inter-caste marriages, but still the government had not responded. The Supreme court bench consisting of 3 Justices CJI Misra, Kalveerkar and chandrasoot passed an order to enact a separate law to protect the interest of the people engaged in inter-caste marriages and protection to be assured by this special law. Further more, the justices slammed the organisations involved in murders and honor killings that ‘no one has the right to prevent inter-caste marriages and if the central government does not ensure protection, the SC may have to involve in this matter’.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!