It is a known fact that last year, Trichy city faced shortfall in domestic water supply due to drought and poor yield from bore wells. With more than one lakh metered connections, the civic body may face a great hardship in potable water supply. The city, once known for supplying potable water to households twice a day has been forced to supply the same on alternate days last year due to poor yield in the corporation’s borewells. To avoid the recurrence with dedicated summer about to commence, the corporation has planned to conduct a month-long awareness campaign ‘SAVE WATER‘ promoting the judicious usage of potable water, and moreover it has also have to place awareness hoardings and rope in students for conducting awareness drives among residents. An official of the Trichy corporation said that they will not solely depend on the borewells and collector wells in Kollidam and Cauvery riverbeds for addressing the water needs but a contingency plan would be chalked out to supply adequate quantum during the forth coming summer.
- Subscribe for Us to get trending and sensational news of Trichy Immediately
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy