Good News for the people of Salem and its surrounding areas as their long-pending demand for a direct flight to Chennai would finally take off on March 25. A low cost regional airline, Turbo Megha Airways Private Limited would operate flight between Salem and Chennai. The flight will take off from Chennai at 9.50am and land at Salem at 10.40am. It would then leave for Chennai at 11am and reach Chennai at 11.50am. The fare is fixed at Rs 1,499, inclusive of all taxes. Bookings/tickets would be available at www.trujet.com. The Salem airport was established in 1993. NEPC was the first private airline to operate flights between Chennai and Coimbatore via Salem. The airline, however, stopped its operations, citing low passenger traffic. The airport was subsequently shut for more than 16 years. In 2009, Kingfisher Airlines operated flights from Salem to Chennai via Coimbatore. This service too was stopped in 2011 and the airport was closed again. However, it was used by companies such as JSW Steel Limited, Triveni Group of Companies, Kalyan Jewelers, TVS Group of Companies and people with their own chartered flights. With 6000ft long runway, Salem airport can handle flights such as ATR-72 and B-737-200. The airport can also park two aircrafts at a time
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!