The government tries to establish the use of debit cards, but banks continue to hit customers with unreasonable charges for transactions declined for want of minimum balance. Each time a customer swipes a card without adequate balance in his bank account, between Rs 17 and Rs 25 is debited from him. The applicable rate of GST is added too. to the penalty. SBI charges Rs 17 each time a debit card swipe is declined at either an automated teller machine (ATM) or a point of sale (PoS) terminal. HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank charge Rs 25 as transaction decline charges at PoS machines. For debit card usage for non-cash merchant transactions, charging exorbitant fees and the government’s wish of promoting payments through card, being digital digital, banks conducting campaigns encouraging customers to use debit cards at shops for payments, not to visit their branches or ATMs, makes no sense, claims customers.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!