A year after several crores of rupees were spent in a massive movement involving public and government bodies to weed out SeemaiKaruvelam ,it seems that the invasive plant species is making a comeback in Trichy. After a directive from the Madurai bench of the Madras high court in December 2016, a massive movement against the invasive species was conducted across 13 central and southern districts of the state including Trichy. School and college students and youths were roped in to uproot the trees which are said to be causing depletion of groundwater. Later, based on a PIL filed against felling SeemaiKaruvelam trees without a scientific study, the Madras High Court in April 2017 stayed the felling of SeemaiKaruvelam trees. Following this, the administration and local bodies kept away from the drive. Now, these trees are seen fresh and sprouting in the district. crores spent on this massive project went waste as per social activists.
- Subscribe for Us to get trending and sensational news of Trichy Immediately
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy