It has now become more important for the educational institutions to be ranked and scored, as it will fetch more admissions, rapport and support. After the HRD ministry announced the NIRF score, it was evident that atleast one of the institution in Arts & science, engineering, medical have topped the list which has made TN very promising in value education. The secretary for higher education sunil paliwal announced that Anna University, University of Madras, Alagappa University, Periyar University, Barathiyar University and Tamil Nadu Agricultural University qualified and applied for institutions of eminence. If selected, these institutions will be among 20 in the country that will enjoy complete academic and administrative autonomy. Data shows more number of institutions from the south, particularly from the public sector, have taken part in the assessment in 2018 compared to 2017. For instance, Presidency College, which did not apply for a ranking in 2017, was among the top 10 in the colleges across the country. University of Madras, ranked 41 last year, is now ranked 18 after vice-chancellor P Duraisamy and senior faculty members held focused meetings to perfect parameters and record them carefully in the self-assessment notes.
- Subscribe for Us to get trending and sensational news of Trichy Immediately
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy