Nirmala Devi, an assistant professor of Devanga Arts College at Aruppukkottai in Virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu was arrested for allegedly trying to convince some girl students over phone to do sexual favours for “higher officials” of Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU). Governor Banwarilal Purohit who is the chancellor of MKU, ordered a high-level inquiry by retired IAS officer R. Santhanam into the incident. Governor, the chancellor of the Madurai Kamaraj University said,’ there is intention to save anybody. After the detailed report from the one man enquiry officer constituted by me, strict action will proceed. This is an unacceptable incident and there is no need for a CBI enquiry’. Nirmala Devi has been sent to judicial custody for 12 days till April 28 and Parents, social organisations including political parties demand strict action and detailed enquiry.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!