State Human Rights Commission – SHRC has directed the Tamil Nadu Government to pay a compensation of 4.5 lakh to a businessman who was tortured in custody by the Tirunelveli police ten years ago. The SHRC bench headed by D Jayachandran also recommended to initiate disciplinary action and to initiate criminal prosecution against policemen Nagarajan and Vijayakumar, then inspector and sub-inspector at Palayamkottai police station, and three police constables for implicating the petitioner in a false theft case.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!