State Human Rights Commission – SHRC has directed the Tamil Nadu Government to pay a compensation of 4.5 lakh to a businessman who was tortured in custody by the Tirunelveli police ten years ago. The SHRC bench headed by D Jayachandran also recommended to initiate disciplinary action and to initiate criminal prosecution against policemen Nagarajan and Vijayakumar, then inspector and sub-inspector at Palayamkottai police station, and three police constables for implicating the petitioner in a false theft case.
- founder of psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud’s birth day May 6
- due to corona the comedian actor ”Pandu” dead
- The Sri Lankan government has banned travelers from India
- All shops except restaurant and pharmacy will be closed from 12 noon
- Street performers have lost their livelihood
- Three arrested for smuggling 66 kg of cannabis from Andhra Pradesh
- Does ”Dark Mode” protect the eyes?
- In what way we will overcome the mental stress
- Siege of special school teachers in Trichy
- Noon and night flights from Trichy cancelled on 4 the May