A total of 240 branch post offices in the rural areas which fall under the four postal divisions in Trichy central region have been brought under a project called Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for a New India (Darpan). Under the project, postmasters have been provided with Manual Computing Device (MCD) which has multiple benefits for both the employees as well as the customers as all transactions could be made with the help of the device. Postmaster general of central region Ambesh Upmanyu told reporters here that training for postmasters was under way for handling the device. The remaining 2,595 branch post offices would also be brought under the project by December 31 this year. He said that the MCD introduced in Trichy central region had been received well among the general public because of its multiple utilities. Under Darpan, the work for integrating all the 2,835 branch post offices was in progress. During the first phase, a total of 240 branch offices in the rural areas had been integrated with the postal networking system. These branch offices fell under the divisions of Nagapattinam, Kumbakonam, Mayiladuthurai and Cuddalore. To mark the postal week which commenced on October 9 and would culminate on October 15, the postal department has organised a number of events in Trichy. During the inaugural day, a rally was organised where a number of school students participated.
- founder of psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud’s birth day May 6
- due to corona the comedian actor ”Pandu” dead
- The Sri Lankan government has banned travelers from India
- All shops except restaurant and pharmacy will be closed from 12 noon
- Street performers have lost their livelihood
- Three arrested for smuggling 66 kg of cannabis from Andhra Pradesh
- Does ”Dark Mode” protect the eyes?
- In what way we will overcome the mental stress
- Siege of special school teachers in Trichy
- Noon and night flights from Trichy cancelled on 4 the May