Around 350 children from government schools were given a tour of the NIT Trichy campus on Sunday in an attempt to reach out to them and get them to dream big. The gala for the kids was one among the many events which are being held as part of the week-long Daan Utsav celebrations at NIT – festival of philanthropy. Students from various age groups, a few from nearby orphanages, had the opportunity to closely interact with young students at the institute. “Many of the students from grades five and six wanted to come to the institute to pursue engineering though they had no clue about it,” said S Nandhini, a final year production engineering student. Many of them had never visited such premium institutions and were amazed by the auditorium at the institute, she added. “Over the past one week, students visited Valluvar orphanage and Therasa Karunalayam close to the institute and helped them with groceries, notebooks and stationery items,” said Divahar Jeyabalan, another final year student who was part of the Daan Utsav. Sarathy Diwas was also celebrated by the students to convey their gratitude towards bus drivers and conductors for their routine service. Around 300 bus drivers and conductors whose buses passed through NIT Trichy, received kits containing biscuits, sweets, towels, small diaries and combs that will be useful during their daily routine.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!