The biomining project to reclaim the city’s dump yard at Ariyamangalam has received the much-awaited technical sanction from the Commissionerate of Municipal Administration (CMA) under smart city mission. Trichy corporation has floated a tender to identify a suitable contractor for the work to launch the Rs 49crore project within two months. Administrative and technical sanctions are mandatory for any proposal under the smart city mission to move forward. While the civic body had on September 14 obtained administrative sanction to pursue biomining project, the technical sanction for reclaiming Ariyamangalam dump yard came on Wednesday. Based on a recent study carried out by NIT-Trichy, the urban local body here said that about 7.60 lakh cubic metre of waste was dumped in the Ariyamangalam yard of the corporation. Through biomining, as much as 35 acres of the 47.5acre dump yard could be retrieved by sending non-biodegradable waste to factories as reusable alternative fuel whereas the biodegradable waste could be recycled as manure. Trichy corporation has been following up on the biomining proposal every day to avail of the administrative and technical sanctions in a short span. Preliminary works for biomining could begin within the next two months,” Corporation commissioner N Ravichandran told. Civic body officials said that efforts had been taken simultaneously to prevent a new batch of waste reaching the dump yard. The civic body has planned to spread the micro compost centres, a decentralised waste management mechanism already in place at 27 spots in the city. It said that besides reclaiming the Ariyamangalam dump yard, technical sanction from CMA had also been obtained for the multi-level car parking project on West Boulevard road at an estimated cost of Rs 20.28 crore.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!