NammaTrichy
NammaTrichy - Online News Portal about Trichy Tamilnadu

WOMAN DIED: BECAUSE OF MOSQUITO COIL SETS OFF FIRE

0
சந்தா 1

senior citizen sleeping at home in Thiruverumbur died after catching fire set off by a burning  mosquito coil in the house here on Sunday. The deceased was identified as Saraswathi, 75, from Gandhi Nagar in Thiruverumbur area.

சந்தா 2

Police said that the senior citizen was a kidney patients and has been living alone in the house for over few weeks. The accident happened when the blanket she was using caught fire from the coil beneath her. Though local residents rushed to the house finding smoke in the house at 11 pm, Saraswathi, who had sustained 90% burns, died.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the mosquito coil that was burning under her bedframe came in contact with the bedspread while she was sleeping. As the door was locked from inside, the neighbours had difficulties in breaking open the door and rescue her. A case has been registered in Thiruverumbur police station and further investigation is on.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.