Trichy: For the first time in the annals of the Ponmalai Workshop (Golden Rock) here, periodic overhaul (POH) of a Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) coach, which was taken up as a pilot project was completed successfully. The workshop, which took up an AC three-tier coach for its first-ever POH, completed it within a short duration. After the process, the coach was flagged off to the Madurai division. So far, only the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Perambur, Chennai has been doing POH of LHB coaches.Terming the completion of the task as another feather in the cap of the 85-year-old workshop, officials said that initially, the number of LHB coaches to be taken up for overhaul will be one or two per month. It is expected to increase as more coaches are inducted into service. For this purpose, a new corrosion repair shop (CRS) is also coming up in the workshop dedicated for LHB coach maintenance, a senior official from the department of mechanical engineering carriage said.He said that since all Rajdhani Expresses, Rockfort Express, Pandian Express are running with LHB coaches, the workshop is expecting more number of coaches to come for POH.“At present, work is being carried out at the ICF in Perambur Chennai. We also wanted to have such facility, otherwise coaches which require maintenance have to go all the way to Chennai every time,” the official said.
- Corona Epidemic 19 Awareness Campaign Banner
- Tn Govt Attempting to implement various projects with Corona mission – K.N. Nehru
- Trichy Public Relations Officer transferred in two days!
- Ilegally jewels are hypothecated in a shop near trichy
- Theft in a vehicle confiscated and parked at a police station; Two arrested!
- 150 liters of alcohol found near Trichy!
- Strict action if kept around with fake e-record
- CM’s requesition letter to the Prime Minister
- Rs.2.83 lakh abuse – former police Superintendent arrested in trichy
- Police report on vehicles seized in Trichy once an hour!